Students and staff of Oakwood Court College in Dawlish and Torpoint are celebrating the result of their recent Ofsted Inspection.
WHY WE ARE A GREAT COLLEGE – WHAT THE INSPECTORS SAID:
- Learners achieve well and make good progress through the good teaching and well-designed curriculum.
- Learners work is of a high standard, particularly in cooking, ICT, horticulture, English and mathematics.
- Learners develop good employability skills and confidence through participation in external work placements. They make good progress into employment, further training and supported or independent living.
- Staff are highly skilled in managing learners’ behaviour and improving their confidence levels.
- Teachers are particularly good at encouraging learners to develop and excel in their sporting achievements and social interactions through the very good range of enrichment activities.
- Decisive leadership has led to significant improvements in the development of the curriculum and in teaching and learning.
- Progression into employment or further training is good. Staff encourage learners’ individual interests and learners are keen to develop their careers further. In the last three years most students progressed onto some type of employment, voluntary work, further education or supported living.
- The college has introduced a physical well-being programme for all learners with a strong focus on healthy eating and exercise. As a result, learners improve their social skills, join local community groups and benefit from a healthy lifestyle.
Read the full report: