Oakwood Court College
At Oakwood Court College every student matters and their future independence and success is at the forefront of all that we do. It is a friendly place to live, work and learn offering a great variety of academic and vocationally focused programmes. Students come from a wide range of interests, backgrounds, abilities and ambitions.
“A friendly place to live, work and learn.”
We are committed to enabling each student to develop the skills they need to become self-reliant in leading purposeful and fulfilling lives, to discover:
- The importance and benefits of healthy living.
- How to develop a safe living environment.
- What their role in society is and how they can contribute.
- How to work towards independence and economic well-being.
- How to achieve and enjoy reaching their full potential.
This means ensuring that people with learning difficulties have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experiences that, in many cases, lead to employment at the conclusion of their College programme.
“The opportunity to gain knowledge and experience.”
- Whilst students are fully supported during their time at college the move towards independence is always uppermost in our planning. Choice and individual wishes are truly valued and every member of the College community is encouraged to have their say.
- Our learners grow in confidence and maturity within the safe and nurturing environment of the College and are graduated into adult life with greater awareness and independence. We hope that this website gives you a taste of Oakwood Court College life.